Offered a Geeksquad job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
So I was offered a Geeksquad job.. ;-)
I can't wait to work there.

Does anyone have any experience with them?
I'm 18 years old and I'm a college student, so the extra income would be nice.

Any idea on average wages in New York, or anything at all?

I just do everything myself. Geeksquad doesnt have a good track record with me. Good to see they are getting some knoledgeable people though, people from CF. Good luck!

Yeah, they asked what kind of experience I had, and I told them..
Linux+
Server+
A+
Net+
MCSE

and the woman was like.. :-O "Wow.. thats a lot".

Haha.

Hmm just dont let them make you feed BS to customers , Even if your boss says you should say somehting if you know without a shaddow of a doubt its BS then just tell the customer the truth , but good luck in the job

Hmm just dont let them make you feed BS to customers , Even if your boss says you should say somehting if you know without a shaddow of a doubt its BS then just tell the customer the truth , but good luck in the job

yeah, that is always a problem.... if, say, the power switch went bad and you know damn well that that is the problem, don't let the head geek dude make you tell the customer it is their power supply. Trust me, I've seen crap like that happen, and it was only to make the customer spend more money. It wasn't Geek Squad, I've just heard stories from friends and family about some other company.

It's good that they get someone who knows what they are doing. Also, I hope you are willing to help people who are complete n00bs with computers and probably only know how to play solitaire, if that. Good luck and I hope you can get somewhere with this job. Most people in the computer field do if they can actually find a place to work. It's a crowded field to work in in some areas.

You're MCSE and working at that job? Why?

As a college student, and being 18 years old, it is difficult to be taken seriously or be considered by other corporations in the field. I'm sure I could get a job at like CompUSA, but it'd probably be on the same lines as Geek-squad in that aspect.

I also have an interview tomorrow at a local WalMart, for a position in the electronics section, possibly as a supervisor (considering I have management experience, somewhat, at two previous jobs). I'll have to consider the wages and such, and then continue..

I know Walmart will pay me over minimum wage, somewhere around 14/hour.. but I heard Bestbuy pays somewhere between 15-20/hour. I'll have to get specific facts down and see what I'm going to pursue, but this is all just a temporary job and 'extra income' so to speak.

Honestly I can't stand geek squad. They're snake oil salesmen. They'll tell you anything to get you to buy a PC, then charge you astronomical rates to fix it if something need service. If you're going to work there, be honest and state the facts, not what best buy wants you to say to sell a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom