Would this be a goood moifacation

muz

Golden Master
Ok well i have some spare money , no more than say £15
So i am planning on mounting some 6" sound controlled cold cathodes onto my speakers , and a set of 12" on my monitor , i think this would look rocking along side the 12" ones on the front sides of my computer case ,
i plan to power dem off an old 145watt psu and wiring a rocker switch up in between the green line and one of the black lines , do you think 145 could handle two sets of CC's
The ones on the monitor may or may not be sound controlled it dosent matter

If i do carry it out i will be sure to , i still gotta take some pics of my case right now , batterys need charging ,
Maybe even a video in the dark of the sound activation thingy

I think it could.

I mean you used to be able to run a computer off that.

Really all you're doing is running lights.

Yeah true , it used to run a celeron 1.8ghz with 512mb ram and 2 hard drives so it should manage a few lights ,

ALso my speakers are the standard ones connected to my shard Minin system , i cant remember wattage tho will dig the manual out one day and find out

cold cathodes dont look good when you look at them directly. you have to had them behind a part of your case to make them look really nice, i wouldnt reccomend putting them on your monitor, they are VERY bright to stare at, it just wouldnt look that cool, just annoying.

I mean like behing hidden from view but so theres like a blue glow around my screen

i wouldnt do it but thats not up to me ;), if you want to decorate your monitor get something like EL wire and put it around it. you can get EL wire at most online computer stores, but you can also get it at car stores.

I like the idea, but I agree with Rudster. The cathodes would be very bright for your eyes. I guess they would look really cool if they were behind something though. Are you going to put any LED fans into the case?

What I am going to do is take this case:

11-119-118-01.jpg

Cut out a window in the side, install an acrylic side window, then line the edges with cathodes. It will be sick.

Back
Top Bottom