Playable demo of a game I made

No hes not. I did it
You gotta edit some file, and change something to false. and it works. I'll put a screeny up if you want.

It seems my game has issues with Windows Vista. For the majority part of it, it doesn't work with vista. It is programmed to be used with windows xp and lower. I guess everyone in CF has upgraded to vista.

I managed to get it working straight away on Vista Home Premium with no tweaking required.

A couple of things I noticed that you may or may not want to tweak (the bullet/numbered list buttons are not working so this is just a basically formatted list):

-> The two fat bald men took far too many hits before they died. Are you able to lower the hitpoints for them or something? Also, headshots were ineffective but this is actually very difficult to program so I won't complain too much.

-> The crouch animation when I pressed the crouch button was not smooth, the camera moved down too quickly and moved up basically immediately.

-> The big room with the boss in, I was unable to see the boss at all. It was too dark and that was just annoying.

Other than that, this was a very impressive demo! Well done!

I managed to get it working straight away on Vista Home Premium with no tweaking required.

A couple of things I noticed that you may or may not want to tweak (the bullet/numbered list buttons are not working so this is just a basically formatted list):

-> The two fat bald men took far too many hits before they died. Are you able to lower the hitpoints for them or something? Also, headshots were ineffective but this is actually very difficult to program so I won't complain too much.

-> The crouch animation when I pressed the crouch button was not smooth, the camera moved down too quickly and moved up basically immediately.

-> The big room with the boss in, I was unable to see the boss at all. It was too dark and that was just annoying.

Other than that, this was a very impressive demo! Well done!

Well, thanks for your critcism. It helps me make a better game.

1. They are supposed to be zombies, not bald fat men, but thanks for making me laugh. :D I could lower their hitpoints some. Also, headshots are pretty hard to script, but possible.

2. I can't control that really. It's probably going to stay like that. You probably have a better computer than I do, therefore your FPS rate is way higher. My crouch seems normal.

3. I suppose I can lighten that up a bit. The boss is black anyway, so yea, I guess I can edit some of that.

It will be freeware. I mean, it's not that great of a game to charge for. Besides, it's a hobby. If I make a good enough game, then maybe I'll charge, but I'm years away from even coming close.

Back
Top Bottom