80mm to run on my desk?

Ð88

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, i have an LED 80mm fan that I want to power on its own on my desk but i don't know what to use to power it. It says on the back it runs on a DC12V power source but i dont know what there is to use that will provide that voltage. Has anyone done this before? Ideas?

wait y do u need to power it on its own and whats it for?
besides that a 12v battery will power that no problem
just need to do a little modding
cut the power, strip the plastic
take the plastic and connect it the positive and negative end of the battery

ahh its not a big deal. I just stole it out of a dead PSU and I don't have any 12V batteries lying around at the moment so i was just wondering what other people might use to power it. All i had planned was to have it sitting on my desk...for like..aesthetic appeal or something lol

ahh its not a big deal. I just stole it out of a dead PSU and I don't have any 12V batteries lying around at the moment so i was just wondering what other people might use to power it. All i had planned was to have it sitting on my desk...for like..aesthetic appeal or something lol

Use a 12 volt power supply. You can usually find some laying around from old eletronics. 12 volt is the most common voltage used for DC power supplys.

Or just run a long 4 pin molex cable up to it and splice in the positive and neg wires to the PSU cable. Or they make cords that are 4 pin molex on one end and 3 pin fan on the other end.

ok i managed to find a number of AA batteries so i put them together and they seem to have enough to power to run it

thanks guys for your help. And I did think about splicing some wires from another power supply but it seemed excessive for what i wanted to do

Back
Top Bottom