775 heatsink fitting

I'd just take it back to Micro Direct where I bought it. They'll test them, and probably conclude they work, and I'll have to pay a charge.
yes, they do work.. but do they work right? No... at least, not on my rig :(

Well if thats what you have to do then thats what you are going to have to do . I would check everything and i mean everything , even little silly things you would feel like a noob if you missed out . Heres an example when i was putting mine together the other week i forgot the extra 4 PIN power adaptor that goes just near the processor as well as the 24 pin and i tried booting up and it booted however nothing would display so thats when i started panicking so i checked and spotted it .
Then take it back and explain what is happenieng , if you have another board you can check the ram in or have you tried memtest and if that gives nothing back its the mobo so you explain the problem and when they test it demonstrate the problem to them

I've had to reset the BIOS plenty of times, and it seems to work.
I've also tested every combination, and it just doesn't seem to want to switch back to 798mhz that it was on before

check noting is shorting out , lay the motherboard on a flat desk and then run it out of the case and see if you have the same problem

I think I'm just going to get my dads mate over. I hate fixing things that should work. I had a feeling building this was a bad idea, and I shouldn't have gone ahead with it. Haha, is this a sign?

The BIOS before I flashed had issues, including the RAM reading lower, and the UGURU status turning all blocky.
But with the new BIOS, I'm getting the memory reading higher than its meant...

Its working now.
I'm pretty sure it should be stable at the settings it automatically chose, but its not.

I went into the BIOS and manually changed the external FSB to 266mhz, and this then gave me an option to set the RAM speed, which I changed to Default, turning it to 798mhz again.

I then saved, and Windows boots perfectly.

It seems like the automatic settings of FSB and RAM wasn't booting, making the RAM 816mhz which it didn't like.

Least I know what does it now :)

The bad news is, I have to now put the damn front board headers back in because I took them out thinking I may have wired them up wrong.

Its a g0 step Q6600 which I believe is still a 1066fsb processor.
My motherboard supports 1333mhz ones though.

But yeah, setting to 266mhz manually has fixed it.

Does this mean though, I have no hope for overclocking, if it couldn't even handle a small one?!

Not sure how well the quad cores overclock, i guess the only way u can find out is doing it, thats what i did. Mayeb the mobo isnt any good at overclocking, the settings sound weird.

Supposedly, this motherboard is very good for overclocking. It might be the RAM that stops me though, and it won't be the temps...

CPU: 27 degrees C idle
Video card: 50 degrees C idle (seems fine)

BTW, this is my first message on my new computer, fully updated :D

Back
Top Bottom