dell ram

does new ram have to be in pairs?

can I add a different kind to my existing dell?

are all 256 ram 16 bit?

Most systems I think run better with pairs but theres nothing to stop you just running with one stick, when you use two it spreads the workload from you computer to help it run faster, where are you from? If you from the UK then go to Crucial like Muz mentioned then use there scan to find out what type you need then go to Ebuyer and see how much the same type is on there as they have very good ram offers. I would go for two 512 and take it to a gig if you can afford it.

Most systems I think run better with pairs but theres nothing to stop you just running with one stick, when you use two it spreads the workload from you computer to help it run faster, where are you from? If you from the UK then go to Crucial like Muz mentioned then use there scan to find out what type you need then go to Ebuyer and see how much the same type is on there as they have very good ram offers. I would go for two 512 and take it to a gig if you can afford it.

Learn before you speak. RDRAM needs to be ran in matched pairs.

Learn before you speak. RDRAM needs to be ran in matched pairs.

dont quote me on ram my computer takes both and has run on both so your coment applys to YOU:mad:

IS the dimension 81 a laptop if thats the case then I am very wrong as i no nothing about laptop ram I was thinking the dell was a desktop. he never mentioned the ram type I took it as SDR or DDR. What type of ram does it Take?

Back
Top Bottom