New server

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is nothing stopping david upgrading to server 2008 when it is released is there ?

there is nothing stopping david upgrading to server 2008 when it is released is there ?

No, but why wait till Jan to upgrade the server, when I think we all agree that the upgrade is needed.

Server 2008 will be unnecessary for quite the time. We could always do linux anyways :D

Also why the low hardware, for an extra 300$ or so we could have done quad core with 4GB of ram.

No, but why wait till Jan to upgrade the server, when I think we all agree that the upgrade is needed.

i meant he could get the server now with server 03 and then upgrade to server 2008 in jan

Yep there should be a huge improvment with those new specs. But I was wondering have you considered a Qaud Core Server? Maybe using an Intel Core 2 Qaud or (the proper server processors) the Intel Xeons?

you dont need THAT much power for a server, this server only has like 5 sites, most being forums.

Yeah true a quad core would prolly be overkill its not like we are running any ssl encrption or advanced sites on here just a few forums

To be honest, I think david knows what he's doing. Thanks very much david, We really appreciate it. I hope you make even more money from the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom