The Comp that was suppose to be good

superdezign

Solid State Member
I recently built a computer to play video games.. Im not talking just any games, but the reallyyy intense games!

Now to do this I bought a Intel 865GSAL Socket 775 Motherboard and a Intel Celeron 356 3.33Ghz 512K 533FSB Socket 775. There are two problems.. Im not sure if the intel chip has enough juice and secondly my computer keeps overheating..

When I start it up sometimes it will run for a good while then just turn off on me.. I bought a cooling fan but are some cooling fans not strong enough to work with certain chips??

Also I have a Geforce 7600 GS, is that enough to run games like "rainbow six: vegas"?

What do I need to do to make this machine work how I want it to work? Im trying to stay within a budget but still have a machine that can sufficiently run the games I want it to run!

-Dave :confused:

With a Celeron even clocked at 3.33 GHZ and a 7600 GS, it wont run very well. Celerons are made for basic home pc usage. Such as surfing the net, and ordinary everyday computer stuff. A 7600 GS is a low end video card, it will work, but you cant expect to have a pleasant gaming experience. If you want it to work better, you could upgrade to a Pentium 4 if thats around your budget, and as for the video card, you can maybe get something like a 7900 GS.

Could you guys recommend some products with maybe some links to newegg or tigerdirect

I would really appreciate it!!

I only have a gig of ram, do you think I need more?

Also, what do you think I should do about my overheating problem? are there certain cooling fans that are more efficient then others?

Of corce u should get another stick of ram 2gbs is bacily standard now
also is u want a really good computer then i would get a different mobo cuz 533 FSB isnt that good because you can double that so go for like a new mobo that has got 1066FSB and a low end Core 2 Duo (not a intel board cuz then u cant Overclock)
But thats only if u want to get a new mobo

But anyway just get another gig o ram and get a 7900 or a 8600 if ur running Vista

Ok, so I guess I am in need of an upgrade in the ram department..

so what would you guys recommend me putting together?
If I am trying to stay within a budget, but still play some kick ass games, I dont need all the bells and whistles but something I will not be disappointed in
(links to some good deals would be much appreciated!)

And, where can I see these parts, the ones I bought but will probably no longer use

A few hundred..

If I can sell the parts I currently have somehow then I can use that money in addition, but I have already dumped a good amount of money into this PC that doesnt do what I want it to do :(

Back
Top Bottom