Ubuntu Beryl Qestion?

wee493

In Runtime
I have recently installed ubuntu beryl. But when i open the beryl manager i can change settings but, nothing happens. I was wondering if there was any settings or any commands that i need to type or change? My Graphics card should support Beryl. And still every time I try to enable desktop effects through Ubuntu settings it always says "Desktop effects could not be enabled." :confused: :confused: Please Help ASAP! this is starting to make me mad!!:D

well if there is a command to change the setting then use the command. Actually it's been a really long time since I've been on linux so I don't really remember all this stuff. But just try typing sudo in front of the command.
For example sudo apt-get. Then it will ask for the password.

or you could just log in as root, but I don't recommend that since you can screw up a lot of stuff. :D

Argh, well, it's been a while, but i think i had to change somthing in my X.Conf file to fix that. And it Still didnt work (but that was a hardware issue..)

When the beryl diamond is in the task tray right click and change your window manager to Beryl. If that doesnt work then enable desktop effects.

Back
Top Bottom