775 heatsink fitting

Its working, but the 200mm fan isn't. I feel thats to do with the power connector I connected it to, but CPU is at 31 degrees at BIOS, when the room is 27 degrees C. I don't think thats bad at all :D

Its pretty quiet too!

Thats the antec 900 right , i have seen a few people saying their top fan dosent work .i might get this case instead , 25cm fan wow http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...s+MIDI+Case+-+25CM+case+fan!+?productId=22390
Oh yeah my case is pretty messy , i will post a pic later if i can find da camera

Hey glad to here you got everything hooked up! Kudos to Rudster for the referal in my abscense ;)

Actually the second time I had to install it I got smart lol. I removed the fan from it when I fastened it to the motherboard. My god you should have seen me the first time with some little eye glass screwdriver trying to fight around the fan lol.

Haha :p

Well, the fans had the LED's on but weren't spinning up at first. Turned out the fan only power connectors on my power supply weren't powerful enough to spin them.

I have all fans on Low including the 9700, and OMG, I can't hardly hear it, and yet

CPU: 31 degrees C
System: 25 degrees C
PWM temp: 40 degrees C

(After 10 minutes running in BIOS)

Room temp: 25 degrees C

Thats running cool right? :)

MOTHERBOARD:

I'm worrying about the motherboard though. The BIOS acts a bit strange on some power ups.

Mines an ABIT, so it has UGURU functionality, and somtimes after powering up, when I enter this, the letters showing DDR timings turns into loads of symbols/letters that alternate.

Sometimes its fine.

I haven't sucessfully managed to make a RAID yet within BIOS when I change things, without me restarting the system, to find it freezes after listing the CPU and doesn't go any farther. I the have to reset the BIOS to make it work again.

Not sure whats up yet...

I'll post pics in a bit :)

try a bios flash to a later version it could be cos you have a quad core and the board needs a newer bios

The weird thing is, it registers the CPU sometimes and other times doesn't.

I'll try a BIOS flash yeah:)

All fans on medium:

CPU: 29 degrees C
System: 24 degrees C
PWM: 38 degrees C

Yep... but with a 9700 cooler. Is that good?

I'm just copying files to a floppy drive I found. I'll need it anyway to install SATA drivers while installing XP.

if you have a flash drive i know there is a way to boot from them, i just dont know what you need to put on there to allow it to boot into a prompt

I found a floppy drive :)

Just copied new bios files to it, so wish me luck

EDIT:

Okay that didn't work as I'd of liked.

Made it boot from the Floppy first, and inserted the disk.

It came up with :

Verifiying DMI pool data....... Update success

Remove disks or other media.
Press any key to restart

Er.... okay?

EDIT 2:

Was stupid enough not to make it bootable... trying again

All my fans on max, least i think they are lol, i get according to Everest and coretemp (in coretemp +15c) from 30-33c ide, max using sisoft sandra burn in test 100% cpu load 44-47c. Im happy with those temps, cpu speed is 3.5ghz, not sure if the cpu fan is installed as well as it cud be ie too much arctic silver paste as well, so when i have a chance il try finding the/or buyin the right screws for the zalman to mobo thingy and maybe clean the cpu and stick a smaller bit on it. Also Kage, ur temps will reduce after the paste has had a chance to settle, i think i read something somewhere might have been on the A/S paste website that said it needed to be on for 72hours max to be most efficient. Not sure id like to pay the electric bills for that tho ;)

Back
Top Bottom