Vista Service Pack 1 info

I might partition my hdd then and try vista again on it, ive got a new mobo now so maybe i wont get the black screen problem with newer drivers for my gfx card. I was thinking about trying it for games now, some seem to stutter a lot in xp for no reason, ie two worlds i get 35-60fps but its not smooth seems to be jerky, anyway thanks :)

SP1 includes a major kernel rewrite.

Ya and the thing i'm scarred about there is something tells me there going to put that one update in there that fixs Riva Tuners auto launcher work around.

Vista isn't that much different than XP gaming wise. Sure there is a small difference but thanks to the latest 163.44 beta drivers they have narrowed the performance gap a little more :)

I just hope the stupid blank screen/no signal monitor thing will be fixed now on a different mobo, happened to so many people. mostly seems to be a dvi problem with vista, Vista in theory shud be faster than xp for games when iuts slal sorted out, ie better memory management, cache handling, that is,if u have a decent pc in the first place.

I just hope the stupid blank screen/no signal monitor thing will be fixed now on a different mobo, happened to so many people. mostly seems to be a dvi problem with vista, Vista in theory shud be faster than xp for games when iuts slal sorted out, ie better memory management, cache handling, that is,if u have a decent pc in the first place.

Actually the blank screen/no signal is caused by incorrect chipset drivers. I had that problem with my Asus P5n32SLI Premium board. I could not figure out what was causing it I kept doing reformats. Then I finally found some 64bit chipset drivers from Nvidia and after I installed them I never had the blank screen issue ever again.

Ive only installed the correct chipset drivers, it only ever happens when i install any driver above the 100.65 nvidia series, including tweaked ones and stock. Anything above this wont work, it works on vga (never tried this but people have told me) but i dont want to downgrade to vga just for vista until its fixed IF it ever will be.

Ive only installed the correct chipset drivers, it only ever happens when i install any driver above the 100.65 nvidia series, including tweaked ones and stock. Anything above this wont work, it works on vga (never tried this but people have told me) but i dont want to downgrade to vga just for vista until its fixed IF it ever will be.

Hmm thats interesting. I had never heard of that problem with the inputs. I'm sure you wouldn't of noticed a huge difference going to VGA but it it shouldn't matter since you have the new board now anyways! ;)

Yeah hopinf ythe new board will fix it, not even a fault ont he old board per se, its a vista bug, and an annoying one i was suprised at how many people suffered from it, and not just the same hardware, ie c2, amd etc, seems to be an nvidia thing, no idea what they chjanged from 100.65 to the newer driver to make it do this but hey lol, ive got vista on the laptop im using now and its nothing great, i only game now on my main pc, this is for work (laptop) and surfing net so xp suits me fine, but im tempted to try now ;)

Back
Top Bottom