Question about my Seagate Barracuda

guitardude777

In Runtime
I've noticed that sometimes when my 250GB Seagate Barracuda drive is seeking a lot, it will make a loud clicking noise. Is this something to be worried about? Or is it no big deal?

I've noticed that sometimes when my 250GB Seagate Barracuda drive is seeking a lot, it will make a loud clicking noise. Is this something to be worried about? Or is it no big deal?

Something to be extremely worried about. Replace the drive immediately.

I don't think I explained it quite right. When it starts seeking a lot, it will sometimes make one loud click; just 1, not multiple clicks.

I ran seatools and the drive passed the short drive self test and the short generic test. I can't do the long tests now because they take too long.

Just do it. It's best to know if your drive is ok or not. Clicks should not happen, ever, they are bad with hard drives in every way it is possible to be bad.

If there is anything on the drive you need id back it up asap, then run the tests as long as poss to stress the drive, sounds like its on its last legs, i had an old 8gb drive doing this, one day it just refused to power up, lost a lot of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom