Vista Power Button

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
OK, I used to know how to do this. I thought there was a guide here somewhere but I can't find it.

For you vista users, when you click the start menu, how you can see a "standby" button. There is a way to change what that button does so you can make it a shutdown, restart, what ever. Can any one link me or remind me how to do it?

here's a CNET video that will tell you how to fix the power button in vista to turn off the computer instead of making it go to standby mode.... http://reviews.cnet.com/4660-10621_7-6726960.html?tag=vid.1

You go under start>control panel>system and maintenance>under power options there is a sub-catagory for change what the power buttons do,,,select that>select shut down from the drop down menu and apply!

that's an extra click! haha...plus it's the whole principle of the thing...a power button is supposed to turn it off, not put it on standby.

Thanks!

Honestly I don't mind doing the extra click, it's just one of those "cool to know things" and I couldn't remember how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom