need help

naresh9876

Beta member
i got a problem wit my laptop(compaq Presario 3125au running on legal windows xp home sp 2).
here it goes:
i just used a recovery console which compaq gave me as few days before the windows is giving me errors. so i just used the option to rewind back my windows without losing my data. after recovery the windows was goin on fine. but after about half an hour it restarts itself so i tried again and again until i choose to press f8 and choose starting the widows without the option automatic restart if there is an error. the booting went well but after few seconds it gave me a blue screen writin sumtin about c000021a(fatal system error) then sum text then written again 0xc0000005 (0x75e5ac0 ox006cf5f4).
so now i'm confused wat to do. please help me, give me some solutions.
and if i have to reinstall my windows will i lose my original license? thx alot.

Could be hardware based stopping windows from working, with laptops many things can go wrong, i know im using one now lol, make sure ur ram hasnt come loose, and ur hdd, my mates hdd came slightly loose and he got lots of problems with restarts.

i think maybe my ram is giving me the prob as few days before i recover my laptop it gave me some read and write error when i change my wallpaper often. and at the end it cant boot so i recovered my laptop.tht is the prob

but if i reinstall my windows will i lose my license. wat i meant to say is would still be able to use it as a legal windows?

Not sure about the license, if u have the original disk (or if its on ahidden partition on the hdd) that contains windows xp, and u have the serial number if needed (normaly on the bottom of the laptop) then no u shudnt, sometimes u need to ring microsoft if u get an error saying serial number not valid etc if its been used too many times reinstalling, but by the sounds of it u shud be ok, cant be 100% though, but i guess whats the point in having a valid license and a non working pc, u also need to get the ram chekced out/make sure its seated properly as this will keep happening.

You're welcome anything else u need feel welcome to post back, loads of peolple here like to help!

Back
Top Bottom