CPU + Mobo (300$ Limit)

tehczar

In Runtime
I have a $300

I want to get a C2D, what is the best CPU+Mobo combo I can get in this price range.

A c2d is an intel, not an amd, i know its dual core i used to have one, the c2d is much much much better.

nah i dont agree , at a budget the amd athlon X2 is better than intels budget offering however if you have serious money to spend then you can get a C2D which is better and can overclock better

I guess for his budget (not sure of the price of amd now), but my c2d completley kills my amd, i was getting 8200 in 3dmark before, now witha faster cpu i get 10100, that isnt just an increase in cpu score but also gfx, so im v happy with intel, im an AMD fan normally but theyve been shafted by intel in terms of chip power.

ANother thing, amd is coming out with the k10 soonish, so im sure they will be scrapping the current chip/AM2 , whereas with intel pretty much everything works ont he same mobo, i can have p4, c2d, quad core etc.

I guess for his budget (not sure of the price of amd now), but my c2d completley kills my amd, i was getting 8200 in 3dmark before, now witha faster cpu i get 10100, that isnt just an increase in cpu score but also gfx, so im v happy with intel, im an AMD fan normally but theyve been shafted by intel in terms of chip power.

ANother thing, amd is coming out with the k10 soonish, so im sure they will be scrapping the current chip/AM2 , whereas with intel pretty much everything works ont he same mobo, i can have p4, c2d, quad core etc.

WTF they are dropping the AM2 socket? I heard they would be staying with it or there would be an adapter or smthn

Back
Top Bottom