Is this the best OC im gonna get with this?

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
i got a radeon 9550 and i've overclocked to this with no artifacts:

OCed.jpg

is this the best im gonna get without artifacts or am i doin something wrong?

and can i remove ati tool but keep the clock?

Its really tough to say if thats the max overclock. Every card overclocks differently. Have you game tested the overclock to make sure it will game with those clocks.

You would need to keep ati tool and either load the profile at startup or in windows each time you use it. You can do a video bios flash to lock the card at the overclock settings. Although this would void any type of warranty you have with the card. If you did this it would make those clocks stick without the ati tool being needed.

Its really tough to say if thats the max overclock. Every card overclocks differently. Have you game tested the overclock to make sure it will game with those clocks.

You would need to keep ati tool and either load the profile at startup or in windows each time you use it. You can do a video bios flash to lock the card at the overclock settings. Although this would void any type of warranty you have with the card. If you did this it would make those clocks stick without the ati tool being needed.

yea i game tested average frame rate went from 30 to 35 in halo:) ,and im runnin a 9550 i think the warranty is gone......

EDIT:default clocks r: core:250 memory:200

Try knocking the core back to say 260 then run the memory up. As you increase core you lose memory and vise versa. Figuring out the best overclock for your card is trial and error. Try various settings 3dmark it and pick the one that has the best overall performance.

Your getting very close to 1k too!

yea lol and thnx for the help mattie i had to force thelis on AIM to give me some advice:p hope im able to give u some rep.....

EDIT: i was able to add to ur rep

Back
Top Bottom