pci graphic card

slyfirth

Solid State Member
best way to install pci graphic card
install card first disable onborad graphics or disable onborad graphics first or just uninstall onboard graphic drivers
any help :confused:

Some mobo's automatically detect the one being used and disable the other accordingly, always been a bit worried though disabling onboard first in case the pci one doesnt work lol, then u wud have to reset the bios to get the onboard back enabled, i think? lol i dont know :p

If ur not sure just plug the pci in first, if it doent work take it out then turn on the pc disable the onboard one and stick the pci back in.

put the card in, plug in your monitor into the PCI card slot thingy then turn on your computer and install the drivers.

its worked ok for me both ways. your comp auto detectys video adapters so once its installed on the computer it should work fine, just install new one, go to properties by right clicking desktop, go to displays, set card as primary adapter and disable other one. (if you are pushing your PSU to limits you should disable in you driver area. Buit has anyone else ever had a card fail from installing in the wrong order? My MX 4000 is the only card I know that requires only one to be installed.

Back
Top Bottom