Display problems...

RPressler

Solid State Member
When I try and watch a video on windows media(or any other media player) I'm given an infra-red type display. For the most part, the video will be completely black. Only the brightest parts of the video will show, and they show as blotches of nothing. It's as if I'm watching the video through thermal goggles. This also occurs when I view in-game inematics in some games, such as WarCraft 3. When I'm actually playing the game itself, it is displayed perfectly. Also, when I watch movies on youtube or MySpace TV, I get a perfect picture. I know I should "search the forums blah blah blah" but I can't. I would, if I knew what my problem was. Without knowing the problem, I can't search for an answer. Please help.

Thanks,
Richard

You have already posted exactly the same post earlier, why 2? it wont make people answer them more quickly, in fact the opposite. This needs to be merged with the main post which has more replies or closed.

You have already posted exactly the same post earlier, why 2? it wont make people answer them more quickly, in fact the opposite. This needs to be merged with the main post which has more replies or closed.

If you notice, this post and my previous one were posted at almost the same time. I didn't intentionally post a second time to attract more help. It was a double post =[

did u try playing around with the overlay/colour/brightness settings in the control panel for ur video card.

I used to get that problem with my radeon card, I only had Windows Media Player 9. Once I installed 10, It worked fine. Sorry if this doesnt help

Here's what I've done in reaction to your replies:

-Downloaded and installed VLC Player.
-Downloaded and installed my latest graphics drivers.(I have an nVidia GeForce FX 5200)
-Downloaded the latest Windows Media Player(WMP 11)

I can't find the Overlay settings on my video card. They are not where the help file says they should be in the control panel. I posted on the nVidia forums asking about it.

Also, it's not only Windows Media Player and VLC Player. In-game cinematics (WarCraft III for example) give me the same problem.

Thanks for all of your help so far! =]

Im pretty sure i had the exact same problem as u, something had messed up the overlays/colour settings for video when i installed a program, so as soon as u find where they are then hopefully u can fix them.

Back
Top Bottom