Wireless adapters - USB or PCI?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Simple question, to keep internet as strong as possible, should I get a nice USB 2.0 adapter, or should I get a PCI adapter. I can do either with my computer.

I personally prefer PCI because once its installed thats it. Theres no chance of catching it by mistake either. Its all down to personal preference tho.

I prefer pci, for instance i have a usb dvt adapter i know its not a wireless one ;) and it needs more power than the usb can provide so its a pain in the backside trying to get it recognised sometimes, also ive got a wireless usb adapter and :( ive never got the stupid thing to work, tried it on my psp and pc and its awful, pci is just the way to go with stuff like this imo.

The thing is that I am not trusting of PCI ones. I have no idea why, I mean the seem to work just fine, but i've only experienced USB ones so..... I'm kinda sketchy of them.

And I think I am going to have to get this at a store, whether it be Radio Shack, Office Depo etc.

Bit pointless asking the question then mate, it seems like you have already made your mind up about USB lol:)

Well PCI is faster than USB. Am I correct?
Is your router wireless N? G? B??!!

Also depends on that. I don't use wireless but if I was going to go that route than I would go PCI.

I'm just trying to get my mind changed.

Haha, everyone is in favor of PCI so it worked! Ill give that a go.

I wish it was N, but its a standard G.

Back
Top Bottom