Weird logoff thing...

lhamil64

In Runtime
On my laptop running Windows XP Home, every once and a while it will completely log me off.
Its not while im on it, but if i push WINKEY+L to switch users, it switches users fine but then when i come back later i am completely logged off! It is very annoying especially when i have something open that i am going to work on later. And plus it is annoying having to keep logging back on again and again.

I don't believe i have a virus but ill do a virus/spyware scan just incase.

(ill post results later)

Please help
lhamil64

OK i did a virus/spyware scan and the virus scan came up with nothing. but the spyware scan came up with some things. It killed them ok. But the problem is, i can't make it happen. it just happens.

if anybody has experienced this before please tell me how your fixed it.

can you check your user accounts for me and see if fast user switching is turned off? Goto start > control panel > users > change the way users log on/off, and put a tick in fast user switching if there isnt one there already.

So have you put a tick in there? If not then put one in and see if that sorts it.

The check was in there already. It isn't really doing it now though, i guess ill just wait and see if it is still doing it..

if its ticked then theres no real reason why it should be doing this, unless while on the other account you logged off the original account via task manager

Darn its still doing it!! i don't log onto the other account, its only for people who need to use it when im not there. This is driving me crazy! especially when i have a programming project open and i just walk away to get something for a few minutes and come back to the welcome screen! i will continue trying to find a solution.

Back
Top Bottom