Digital cameras going wide screen?

I have 2 cameras a sony p200 7.2mpx and the kodak z612 6.1mpx, the sony is far superior is macro shots and poor light conditions, but the kodak has a 12x optical zoom, as for the mpx difference u cant really tell, the min id ever get it 5, above that, unless u plan to print or get professionaly printed posters, then there is no point in sacrificing higher mpx for a better camera with a decent lense.

"quick question,,do you have to set it to widescreen every time you turn the camera on, or can you set it to widescreen and have it stay on that setting regardless of whether you turn the camera off and on?"

r moore04, if you get a chance to play around with your camera, can you let me know about this? I'm just curious, because if you have to go in the menu options and reset it for widescreen every time you turn the camera off and on again that would be a real pain.

yeh you can, theres diff modes that you can have it on, but if you have it on auto you can select what size you want it and if you want it normal, fine or superfine, and when you turn the cam off and put it back on again it keeps them settings for that mode

just took some pics with my webcam to show you

widescreen mode
Picture003.jpg

normal, fine or superfine
Picture004.jpg

the diff modes you can have on it
Picture006.jpg

Ok,,thanks,,,,so you can set it to widescreen, turn the camera off and on again, and the setting stays on widescreen...that's good. I've been looking for the widescreen photo capability on the more compact canon's and kodak's with no luck. I think if I want widescreen photos, I'm going to have to get one of the slightly larger cameras....unless anyone knows of any compact ones that do widescreen..i really like the canon digital elphs for their size, but haven't found a model of them yet that has widescreen.

Back
Top Bottom