DX10 AGP card

No he wouldn't! I went from a 590sli chipset to the 680I SLI chipset and did not have to do a reformat. Its as simple as uninstalling the current chipset drivers and installing the ones from the new board. I've had no BSOD's since i've upgraded my board without a reformat.

Correcto Moondo. If its just the mobo you shouldn't have to format.

ive had loads of problems in the past going from different mobos, windows always crashed etc, even though i deleted the drivers.

What program did you use to delete the drivers? Like you can't just un install. I un install em then use CCleaner to get rid of all those bad registry keys. CCleaner really improves my PC performance.

most that should have to be done is a repair install from the windows disk if you get blue screens and such.

ive had loads of problems in the past going from different mobos, windows always crashed etc, even though i deleted the drivers.

Yeah beacuse your not supposed to switch mobos with same windows install. Most oftenly it ends up in an infinite BSOD loop.

It can get confused if you change from a mono core to a dual core as well as i learn .
I have swapped mono core motherboards sucessfuly but when i added this dual core it had a problem

Well I just format anyway. It just feels smoother afterwards. But there are ways that you don't have to.

EDIT: 4k muz nice job.

I'd have to say the best option is probally to reformat it. Like I said earlier though I didn't and i've had not one problem. It was in my original intentions to do a reformat but after I un installed then reinstalled the new drivers and had no bsod's etc I never did it. I probally should but I don't feel like it cause there's no problems lol.

I'd have to say the best option is probally to reformat it. Like I said earlier though I didn't and i've had not one problem. It was in my original intentions to do a reformat but after I un installed then reinstalled the new drivers and had no bsod's etc I never did it. I probally should but I don't feel like it cause there's no problems lol.

If it aint broke dont try and fix it
But i would agree that if you have the time then the best option is just reformat
Although i fixed a friends computer a while back and i never reformated and they havent had problems but i wouuld have had he not wanted the computer back soon

Back
Top Bottom