warranty

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
well i just bought an acer desktop and on the case there are these screws that are huge and black but can be opened with a regular cross screwdriver. i want to keep my 12 month warranty but i also want to expand on it. ima post pics or sumthing

Hmm i dunno maybe post a pic , I dont think it voids your warrenty when you upgrade the computer either , unless you completely swap out the motherboard but by adding more ram or a gpu you should be fine
The only thing i found is if you tell tech support that you have added upgrades they will tell you to remove the upgrades first whichh is understandable i suppose

Are theese the screws
gen_thumbscrews_blk_r.jpg

If so they are tumb screws and just make it easier to open the case without screw driver

Hmm i dunno maybe post a pic , I dont think it voids your warrenty when you upgrade the computer either , unless you completely swap out the motherboard but by adding more ram or a gpu you should be fine
The only thing i found is if you tell tech support that you have added upgrades they will tell you to remove the upgrades first whichh is understandable i suppose

Are theese the screws
gen_thumbscrews_blk_r.jpg

If so they are tumb screws and just make it easier to open the case without screw driver

ya heres a pic but my cameras pretty bad quality so i cant go up close unless i create a total blur. the screws are metal.
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Yeah you can remove them. It shouldn't void the warranty. I don't see a sticker that says if you remove this warranty is done.

If you really want to be sure though, just call Acer's tech support. It's based in Texas so you should get some one you can understand.

I'm serious man. I have to call acer about once a month for customers and every time I'm greeted with a person with a nice Texas accent. They are real polite and aren't speaking from note cards. They can help you.

Acer's Website said:
Pre-Sales(USA only)

Call 1-800-571-2237 for technical specifications and warranty information on new products.
Just say you like to upgrade comptuers and are wondering if you buy their computer if adding upgrades voids the warranty.

I'm serious man. I have to call acer about once a month for customers and every time I'm greeted with a person with a nice Texas accent. They are real polite and aren't speaking from note cards. They can help you.

Just say you like to upgrade comptuers and are wondering if you buy their computer if adding upgrades voids the warranty.

kk thx ima try to give all of u rep but its 1 rep per thread rite?

ok listen, after you take out those screws, you gotta slide that big plastic "T" thing down or up while your taking off the side of the case.

and no, it shouldnt void the warranty.

unless there is a sticker that must be removed to open it saying "warranty void if removed" than your fine.

Back
Top Bottom