Connecting PS3 to PC

gplpark92

BSOD
is there a way to share files between the PS3 and PC?
my music collection is on a separate partition, that both my XP (which is on another partition) and Vista (on a diff hard drive) share in Windows Media Player 11. It works out nicely and everything is synced, as its the same source.

Is there a way to access this data via a 60GB PS3 console? and is there any new firmware update allowing me to listen to it during gaming? (like the 360)

Sorry about all the PS3 questions - i'm making sure to do ALL my research before buying my 24" 1080p LCD and the 60GB and a 250GB drive to upgrade it to :cool:

add the ps3 version of linix on your hard drive of the ps3(its leggal wont void warrenty) then just share over your router =P

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=592904

check that out, might tell u what u need to know, they also say u shud look at the playstation forums for help, as they have it all answered there. Tell u what when u buy the ps3, send it to me for testing ;)

thanks for the info. but i'm not buying it till mid-February at earliest :eek: :D

Do I have to have my PC physically connected to my router? My PC is upstairs, router is downstairs (802.11g). i'm planning to have the PS3 right next to my PC sharing the monitor and speakers....

Back
Top Bottom