Digital cameras going wide screen?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I know that many of the newer camcorders which are out now record in wide screen format, but has anyone seen any digital cameras that take photos in wide screen format? I can't seem to find any and was wondering if they exist yet?

yh its really gd, heres a pic i took wen i was in the maldives this year, thats what the widescreen looks like

IMG_1048.jpg

awsome! that's it, i'm selling my digital camera, and getting a wide screen one. maybe the one you listed, but i'm also gonna look at the point and shoot compact ones if i can find one that does wide screen.

the only downside to the canon S3 IS is thats its only 6-megapixel, which it was more tho coz its got loads of things you can do with it

once you get up above about 4 Megapixels, i think the quality of the photos depends more on the quality of the lens, and the processor inside the camera than just megapixils. i could be wrong though, just think i read that someplace before.

edit...quick question,,do you have to set it to widescreen every time you turn the camera on, or can you set it to widescreen and have it stay on that setting regardless of whether you turn the camera off and on?

i wouldnt no that, your prob right, but if you have the money get the Canon EOS 400D, 10.1 Megapixel, its going for about £600 i think, maybe less, my dad was looking to get it for ages but he got the canon S3 IS instead from ebay, didnt cost much and came with a 2GB SD card

Back
Top Bottom