Delema

Half Evil

Golden Master
Ok, so this is what it comes down too.

As of now, I am starting to shop to what I want for my birthday which is Nov. 10th.

I always only ask for one single thing.

Here are my options..

Digital Camera
Window Tints for my car
Shift Knob for my car
Computer parts to start on a new build
A new wing for my car, because stock one is tiny.

I don't have a camera, I always have to use my parents for everything, and half the time I dont have one when I want one.

The window tints I am going to get regardless if they do it for my Bday, or if I do it next summer.

Same as the shift knob. Those are the two least expensive things. But the problem is that I dont want to ask for too much from my parents. I mean I think a digital camera that costs 400ish dollars is a bit much, don't you agree? I hard a hard time asking for my Scepture 22'' Monitor with 20 bucks off at chrismas, and adding two or three hundred to that, I think I would feel bad.

But if I don't then I am out of a nice digi camera. If all else fails I buy a high MP basic one.

Although the window tints are -$200. Shift knob is only $60-70. I think It would be best for me to buy the shift knob my self because that is the cheapest thing I want.

I have a nice compuer now, but I still want to upgrade that, and I dont really need anything I'm asking for, so this still equally is as wanted as the other things.

Last thing is the wing. The wing is a good $300. I really have no idea if I would buy this myself or not next summer. Odds are good I would cave and buy it myself If I dont get it this bday or xmas.

So I would get the wing and shift knob and tints myself if all else failed.

That leaves computer parts or digi camera which is major $$$.

Just thought I would get some opinions on what you guys would do.

not camera - if you don't have one with ya then you never will... you can keep stealing your rents... *they won't mind* save on the $$$

parts for comp for me but my comp is shocking... and you sed your isn't

i'd go with the car parts... just cus... lol

You don't have to go real high class with a digital camera to get great shots. Shop around and you'll find some really good cameras are going for amazingly low prices.
And if I don't see you between now and your bday, happy bday, in advance.

I'd go for the camera. Out of those things it the only thing you actually don't have. All of the others are more or less just upgrades.

And as seti said you don't have to get an expensive one, the cheaper ones (just don't go too cheap) are good too.

Well u kind of already have a dig cam in a family so I'm assuming if u really need it u can get it, but having ur own is always good :) I love my old T1 from Sony. If u decide not to go with the camera for what ever reasons, go with the computer parts.

I would prob get the computer parts.

Cheers

PS: what are ur comp specs anyways?

i would say get yourself the best digital camera you can. you will probably get a lot of use and enjoyment out of owning you own one.

just deal with the computer you have, maybe upgrade the CPU, because your 7600GT is fine for now, than when you start looking a colleges ask your parents if you can get a nice laptop for school, make sure it has a dual core, and a good GPU and youll be set, just not in one place :p

I would go with the computer parts. Cause I know you have a dell, with like a P4 in it with a 7600gt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But I love computers and I love having a custom built one. It is a fun project, and a good investment if you do it right.

So IMO I would go for the build.

Digital camera or PC parts. I got a $150 digi cam for my b-day. 5 megapixel, more than I really need. Just get a card for it for pretty cheap and you are all set, or even ask for a camera and card. I ran into that same problem as you of always needing my mom's camera when she took it with her somewhere. It doesn't have to be top of the line unless you are like really big on photography or something. if it's just to point and shoot, no need to spend $400 on it really.

Back
Top Bottom