new computer,few questions.....

I have had my new PC for about 1 week (Specs in sig) i have ordered the new GFX Card (The 8600 in sig,atm it's an OEM nVidia 7500 LE),Now i was wondering a few things

1.The PSU In it is 250w generic,would it be worth upgrading too a Thermaltake W0084,430w,SATA,6 Pin PCIE,Dual fan

2.Would it be worth getting Zalman VF900-CU GPU Cooler (Comes with Ram heat spreaders) and then overclock my card?

3.Would it be worth getting Zalman CNPS7500-AlCu-LED and overclock my processor?

Im on a budget os $210 (AUD) so if you recommend any parts please make sure it is below this budget and is in AUD,Thx!

The 8600 requirements are relativly low, it needs a 300-350w psu though, so urs wont be good enough,so yeah upgrade if u can.

If u have decent cooling in the pc anyway, its not always necessary to use an aftermarket gpu cooler, i dont on my 7950gx2, i do however increase the fan speed. Id def get the after market cpu cooler tho,i have the zalman 9700 led and its great, helps overclocking and keeping heat down.

Just noticed its a GT super so that would be a 350w psu needed, not sure of the 12v railing rating required though.

It does have decent cooling in it,but it's noisy.

Just 1 question,if i do use this card with the 250w PSU,What would happen?

Edit; I Just ordered a 550w PT Power supply

Well if you use the card with the 250 watt it would cause artifacts on the screen, not display images properly, and restart. Yeah that 550 watt is plenty.

i used my gfx card (sig) on an old 400w and it kept restarting when the hoover was being used lol, an other high powered stuff, the 600w psu solved that. Some people have had their cards fried as well as the psu if it trips it. Still no point in me saying all the rubbish really since u got the 550 lol.

Back
Top Bottom