Two Worlds performance help

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
Well ive been playing this for 3 weeks now, but the performance is weird, sometimes its good, others it sucks im in one city where the performance is like 17fps min up to 40, its annoying. Doesnt even look that good, im annoyed at games like this and bioshock, not much to look at yet take abeast of a pc to run... anyyyway, does anyone have this game and know any decent tweaks? i got the new cpu mobo and ram today for my pc, my 3dmark went from 8200 up to 10057 so im happy with that, BUT two worlds seems slower on this pc lol go figure?!? ah man im confused lol, other games like test drive unlimited i can now get a pretty much constant 28-30fps on 1680x1050 4AA 16AF which is better than the 24 i was getting before upgrade, anyway so the rest of the pc seems to be running fast n fine, except for this game (and the craptastic bioshock demo).

Your 3dMark mostly went up from the new cpu. If the games not that cpu intensive you won't notice a huge difference. Now if you were playing a highly cpu intensive game you would notice a big difference. 3dmark scores are weighted between your gpu/cpu.

If your gpu or cpu doesn't take full advantage of what its designed to then it won't make much of a difference.

Second why are you hating on bioshock? You have the demo I bet you'll notice much better fps in the actual game. I only score 11,700 in 3dmark. Not a huge difference from your 10000.

The 3dmark scores went up too for the gfx card, from somewhere in the 3000 range to over 4k (ie on the first test in the space ship/vehicle from 56fps to 64-66fps) so thats an improvment. To be honest the more i think about it the more i realise that two wolrds is a good game but a crappy coded one.

Yeah i need to try out the bioshock game, not the demo, is it just me or are lots of peopls getting sick though of games that arent optimised? i tried lost planet before the upgrade and it didnt look anything special and it ran badly.

What settings do u run bioshock on? and i dont mean to slag bs off its just sick of games like this, sorry bioshock fans ;)

I run bioshock at 1280X1024 with all settings maxed. The game runs fine for me with my core2duo overclocked at 3525mhz. I have my 19inch crt that supports 1600X1200 but I didn't buy the card to game on that monitor. Not sure how it would run. In a poker game right now but i'll switch that to my primary monitor and run a fraps bench maxed at 1600X1200 and see what kinda frames I get. Probally a huge drop from what i'm getting now.

O and not sure what your talking about with lost planet but it runs and looks great on my system.

i hate runnin games at 1280x1024 i prefer my native res 1680x1050 i think thats the res lol cant think this morning. Maybe im just trying to run the games at too high a res. I think my problem is age and cynicism :p im old at 26 lol and fed up with pc games.I think i need an upgrade too lol

i hate runnin games at 1280x1024 i prefer my native res 1680x1050 i think thats the res lol cant think this morning. Maybe im just trying to run the games at too high a res. I think my problem is age and cynicism :p im old at 26 lol and fed up with pc games.I think i need an upgrade too lol

Well native on my other monitor is 1280X1024 so its no big deal. Your not much older than me i'll be 24 in September. It doesn't take much to get fed up was thinking of doing some upgrades myself but decided to just let it be for a little bit.

Alright my poker games over now. I'll go ahead and switch monitors and run a system bench with bioshock at 1600X1200.

BTW finished second guy I was heads up with was running good. O well not bad for 1.5hrs work.

2ndplace.jpg

Alright I just ran a 2 minute bench. Much better than I thought seeming I had everything maxed. But anyways Minimum was 33fps Max was 62fps and the average was 51.623fps @ 1600X1200 which is more than your 1680X1050 right? Maybe the 4gigs of ram helps some at the higher resolution.

nice winnings lol. Well thats def higher than what i get, im hoping its the demo not being optimised. Wish i cud afford the game...

Back
Top Bottom