Massive video lag

Demius

Solid State Member
Ok so recently I blew out my power supply and it took my two video cards that were in sli configuration with it. They were old 6600's but were under warranty with BFG Tech so they were kind enough to replace them with two brand spankin new 7600's. I bought a new BFG 650w power supply and put the system back together. Booted it back up and now i am getting massive video lag. I've installed all the new drivers and everything seems to working until I try and play any kind of video and its driving me nuts. Its a amd athlon64 x2 dual core 3800+ with 2 gigs of kingston ram. The motherboard is a asus a8n-sli and is running windows vista ultimate 32bit. I have the dxdiag report the nforce sysinfo report and have several errors in my event viewer log if anyone thinks those can help me figure this out. Any help would be appreciated!

Lets see i have

6 ACPI error
IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 12, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

14 nvlddmkm error
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

20 windows update error
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.

111 nvlddmkm error
The description for Event ID 111 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

4375 Servicing error
Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package KB933360_36 (Update) into Staging(Staging) state

4385 Servicing error
Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update 933360-108_RTM_neutral_LDR from package KB933360_36(Update) into Staging(Staging) state

7000 service event manager control log error
The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

8194 VSS error
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

3 things id do to see if that helps the problems. First use driver cleaner pro to uninstall the chipset drivers and then reinstall, could have got messed up and causing problems, secondly use the same program to uninstall the the gfx drivers. Thirdly id reinstall direct x to make sure its all ok.

Alright completely removed all drivers and reinstalled. Also deleted and reinstalled direct x 10. Seemed to help a tiny bit but when i full size video it still becomes choppy and the sound timing is off. Any other suggestions? I ran memtest and it found no problems with my ram. Also ran a complete check disk and no problems were found with my hard drive. I also tried enabling/disabling sli in the nview control pannel but it seems to make no difference if its on or off.

nvlddmkm is a nvidia video driver file. Run vista's updater (MS made a patch to fix that problem). Restart, uninstall old video drivers, restart, install new video drivers.

Ok did that still get massive video lag whenever i try and full screen. Any other suggestions?

U tried reinstalling the codecs? try a codec pack with all the codecs inside, one could have got damaged.

Back
Top Bottom