Does anyone else think it is offensive to call new people newbies

Just what I told him, we were all newbies once, in fact I was promoted to mod, only six weeks in, whilst I was still a new member with around 50 posts, now nearly 9000, so everybody has opportunities here, that's what makes it a great site:)
You almost have 9000 posts now? :eek: For some reason I thought you were still around the 6000 level.

You almost have 9000 posts now? :eek: For some reason I thought you were still around the 6000 level.
Nah, at my rate of posting, around 10 posts a day, I expect to hit 9000 in about 3 weeks, then it's the big ten oh oh oh!, yeeehah!!, but still lagging behind ArrizX & co!!

newbie just means your new here. a "noob" means you dont know anything, your lack skills, or however you want to look at it. noob is a derogatory term from newbie.

also we were ALL newbies once ;), expect david, who was always admin :p

Whenever a new member joins most members drop a line to say welcome, so to think Newbie on the title is offensive is a bit extreme, it can only be offensive if your mind reads it that way, as said by other members it is NOT to discriminate anyone for lack of computer knowledge or anything else.

We all know people will and have joined with ALOT of knowledge about computers, so newbie means nothing. Besides it means New to the forum and New to computers :) Just keep posting i'm sure you'll reach guru one day then maybe Privileged :D who knows :)

Never ever ever go to ST at pbnation.com, you will be called a n00b for years because the only respected people are 05'ers and below.

Back
Top Bottom