dual booting xp and vista

ok thanks that seems way too simple. other people made it really complicated. can there be any problems between the 2 os's when both are installed??

No, not really. The thing is that as long as you install Vista second, it'll recognize XP and do all the setup for you.

No, not really. The thing is that as long as you install Vista second, it'll recognize XP and do all the setup for you.

Yup. Assuming the drive you are putting windows on is new and never used, just install Vista in the "Unpartitioned (RAW)" drive and you will not touch XP.

I find this to be the easiest way to install a dual boot on 2 hard drives.

Unplug your hard drive with XP installed plug in the second hard drive and install Vista.

After your done installing and updating turn off the computer plug the xp hard drive back in then set the HD you want as first boot to primary. Then if you want to boot off the XP drive just bring up your boot launcher at boot and select the drive XP is on. Otherwise it will start on whatever you have the primary boot set as. In my case I use Vista 99% of the time so its my primary. If I need XP for something I restart hit escape bring up the launcher select my XP hard drive and it launchs.

Back
Top Bottom