New PC build -RECEIVED- :D

Re: New PC build -ORDERED- :D

Lol really confused me there for a sec with the title ;) thanks for the info, will look into them more, id like to see how AMD plan a fight back lol.

Lol really confused me there for a sec with the title ;) thanks for the info, will look into them more, id like to see how AMD plan a fight back lol.

Well i ahve this AMD here and i am quite impressed mind you i did upgrade from a pentium 4 with 512mb ram so it was obviously going to be faster , i was going to chose the Intel Pentium Dual core but this one worked out cheaper as it was on offer and in benchmarks looked slightly better so i decided to go for it .

Yeah i was really impressed with my amd too, theyre great just seen so many people with great benchmarks on the intel and the price is now more affordeable.

Yeah i was really impressed with my amd too, theyre great just seen so many people with great benchmarks on the intel and the price is now more affordeable.

If i would have had enough money i would have gone for a high end core 2 duo but at the moment AMD is winning the budget area . with dual core processors starting at about £40 intel have tried to offer a budget but from what benchmarks i can see it isnt as good . However if you plan to overclock i suppose that could change
i was on a £100 budget for a new cpu mobo and ram and i certainly made the budget .

Yeah theyre great priced, my boss bought me old cpu, ram etc, now i use my laptop for work, im selling my old cpu ram and mobo to my sister in law who lent me the money for the new pc lol

Kage sorry we seem to have hijacked ur thread :rolleyes:

Haha, its okay, I was finished with the ordering of things anyhow, haha.

I ordered the 20inch Samsung, which should come tomorow, along with the extra hard drive and thermal paste.

The other parts should be here today... but I thought I'd of got them by now.
I tracked the parts though, and they were picked up by the delivery guy at 6.30 this morning... but...still to get here :p

I wanna test out those Logitechs, come on!

Then I can build the PC tomorow :)

Uni News:

Got some bad news today though :( My uni rang, giving me 2 choices (I'm supposed to be going on to the 3rd year of my animation course this year, but I failed the second and needed to resubmit work, but didn't know what to submit) but I failed it.
Anyhow, they gave me 2 choices. 1) Withdraw, or 2) come back and do the second year again.

I decided to withdraw, with the option that I could start the second year again if I wished next year, but I don't think I will... i mustn't have liked the course that much, because I never could finish work.

At least its not leaving me hanging anymore, since I know I can do something else now (what ever that'll be...) but, I may have to pay back the fee's that were paid for me... I don't know yet. I'm just hoping its not the entire lot :(

Anyhow, for now, thanks all :D
I may kill this thread, and start a new one in the social when I get pics of it all.

Sorry to hear about the course, i know how it feels i went to uni and failed the ancient history part of my first year :eek: yeah that was my face when i found out lol.

Thanks :) I'm sure I'll figure something out, but for now, I'll have to settle my mind, since the past year, its been all over the place.

Are you still in uni? Surely they didn't stop you from carrying on because of that one subject?

GOT THE PARTS :D

They just arrived. The 1st package was the Antec case, the second being the Logitech system (heavy), and the third, the motherboard and that hopefully.

have fun playng with the new compoinents lol, nah im not in uni anymore, im an old fogey of 26, no they didnt stop me contiunuing the course thank god, if i had failed in the second year though then it would have been a different story. My parts come tomo wooot (well apparantly, hate city link)

Back
Top Bottom