tuniq 120 or zalman 9700

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok no wim stuck about these 2 hsf s i heard there both good but whats best my cpu will be E6850 stock clock for now i do intend on OCing so wich is better

The Tuniq Tower is better. Either one will do you good, but the Tuniq is better. If you want to try the Thermalright 120 extreme and get a 120mm fan you could do that too.

TUNIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

I have it and it is just plain awesome! It is a pain to install, but cools soooo well. I have my e6600 at 3.75 Ghz, with full load at 65!

TUNIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

I have it and it is just plain awesome! It is a pain to install, but cools soooo well. I have my e6600 at 3.75 Ghz, with full load at 65!

why is it a pain to install?

Cause you have to mount it to the bottom of the mobo too. With the 680i, you glue an H sector to the back, then you have to fit the whole thing on while your mobo lies on the H part. It isn't that bad, just bad for me because I got it after I installed all of my other components.

I have heard numerous stories about the difficulties of installing it. Make sure you have a spacious case because that thing is a monster of a HSF.

isnt 65c too hot for that processor? or is that in F, max seems to be 60.1c according to intel.

i use the zalman 9700 love it absolutly huge tho so if u get it make sure ur case and mobo support it. Ive heard lots of good things bout the tuniq tho.

I'm getting a Zalman 9700, but I would have picked a Tuniq Tower over that if I could find it in the UK

This debate is mostly a preference. The tuniq does hold a small edge in cooling by a few degress over the Zalman 9700. All in all that may work out to a slightly higher overclock maybe 50mhz over the Zalman.

People on this forum need to start quoting ambient temps when they quote how well there cooler works. When my room gets down to around 68F at night I can run a 1.51875 Vcore on my E6600 @ 3525Mhz and my full load is 58C after 2 hours of orthos.

When its like 90F ambient I run a 3300Mhz 1.4125Vcore and loaded after a few hours of orthos I get like 67C max.

Go with whatever you like better, but if you choose the tuniq you'll have a very slim edge. A good case should negate that some though with better case airflow.

My room ambient temperature is always rather high compared to other peoples, since the bathrooms heating comes through when its on.

The room is at the moment at 27 degrees C, and thats actually normal for in here. It sometimes gets to 29, but the lowest its ever been has been about 25 degrees C.
Makes me think getting an air conditioning unit may do the computers good.

Back
Top Bottom