Distributed computer, CF teams.

I might try after,
I thought Thelis was going to check for you?

The question i had, is it a big download? Please, that would be great.:)
The application is small and work units are pretty small. It doesn't need an internet connection while it's working, but when it's time for uploading it does.

Ok seeing as i couldnt use the older pc as a folding box i am using it on my desktop . P4 2.8ghz , 512mb ram .
Does this slow your system down any or does it just use resourcees that you arent using

Just installed the program and am currently have it running for the team but I don't know what exactly its doing

well i am folding lol . WHat happens if i power my machine down for one and two its gonna take 3 days for this work unit

Just installed the program and am currently have it running for the team but I don't know what exactly its doing
Basically, it helps do work for Stanford University to research diseases related to DNA. Instead of them having to spend millions of dollars on supercomputers, they distribute the work among people's computers.
Ok seeing as i couldnt use the older pc as a folding box i am using it on my desktop . P4 2.8ghz , 512mb ram .
Does this slow your system down any or does it just use resourcees that you arent using
It doesn't slow it down at all. It uses any CPU power you're not utilizing.
well i am folding lol . WHat happens if i power my machine down for one and two its gonna take 3 days for this work unit
You can X out of it at any time. It'll simply resume the work unit when you start it back up.

Basically, it helps do work for Stanford University to research diseases related to DNA. Instead of them having to spend millions of dollars on supercomputers, they distribute the work among people's computers.

It doesn't slow it down at all. It uses any CPU power you're not utilizing.

You can X out of it at any time. It'll simply resume the work unit when you start it back up.

ok cheers dude for explanming it all to me .+1

I just recently got a old Dell Dimension 4100 which I just installed Windows Server 2003 Standard on. I downloaded the program and I have started working on frames/WU's. It's only a 1GHz processor so I doubt it will do much, but I did put in our team number (42655) I am happy to support our team. Also, are there any settings I should be aware of? I want to make sure I am doing as much as I can. I have the CPU usage set to 100%.

Thanks in advance and I'm happy to join the team.:)

I got my X2 3800 today, and just installed the SMP client. :D

Congrats to Team CF for passing the 2000 mark! We've moved up about 100 positions since two weeks ago, and we're now 1998th.

keepfolding.gif

EDIT: Umm... is SMP supposed to be extremely slow? It's been running Project 2653 for nearly 10 hours and it's only 4% done. Is this normal? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom