motherboard problem?

Bob42

Solid State Member
I got the new computer that I built to work...sort of... The problem is that at random times some of the applications that I'm running will crash. The error says that there was a problem and that it needs to close, then it lets me send the error report or not. I'm also getting a few blue screen crashes here and there. The messages to these blue screens are different each time. I'm wondering if the problem has to do with the motherboard or not. I replaced the hard drive a few days ago and the RAM last month. I also have the motherboard drivers fully up to date.
The motherboard that I have is a ASUS P5N-E SLI.

K, few things u can do first. make sure everything is bedded in properly, nothing is loose, check the ram slots for dust or dirt or packing material, happened to me before when a bit of plastic was stuck in a new mobo ram slot causing errors etc. Then makje sure the mobo isnt shorting out on the case. To me this sounds like a potential ram problem, so run memtest to make sure the memory is ok and working.

Are u overclocking at all? if not make sure ur ram settings are correct in the bios, basically there is a lot of things that cud be causing this, so the best place to start is what i said above, then if that all passes/cant find anything wrong then we can look into something else that might cause the crashes.

It's the RAM. A lot of the tests from MemTest86 failed. I'm going to assume the RAM went bad, so I'm going to replace it.

Least u now know what is wrong, is it in properly? try changing slots just to make sure it isnt the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom