New PC build -RECEIVED- :D

Re: New PC build -ORDERED- :D

I think you'd be able to go higher that that to tell the truth.
You getting another CPU cooler or sticking with stock?

im using my zalman 9700 from my amd came with a skt 775 kit too, its a great cooler, massive!! im just not sure how high the cpus can go, i read the article wehre they reached 4.2 lol crazy. but ive heard its very very easy to get them to 3.2, then upwarsd of that takes a tiny bit more effort, so i guess it means a few days of experimenting, took me a week solid to get this pc working as well as it does, sooo many settings in the bios to change so many memtests lol. SO i guess im stuck inside with it for a while tweaking.

I'm hoping I'll get the C2Q to 3.0ghz using the 9700, but I'm not sure if I want to risk breaking anything, as I broke this graphics card (it artifacts now) by overclocking it, and I was pretty careful.

I was thinking about getting the quad core like u, but to be honest nothing supports or hardly anything supports the dual core im using now, only now are things coming out for dual core, so i reckon itll be a while before anything comes out for the quad core for games etc, I get artifacts in some games, two worlds for instance, somtiems havelil black dots on the screen on some characters, not overheating though, so sometimes its just the games, but yeah im scared of breaking anything too!! id be happy with 3.2-3.5 on my chip, depends how the rest of the kit holds up and the temp readings. The EVGA 680i sli is a great overclocking mobo apparantly so ill see when i get it. Just hate reinstalling xp etc lol ive got it all tweaked, such a pain.

Thats why I bought it though. I know that I have some kind of head room, as I don't buy new components often.
Hopefully Intel will keep the 775 socket so I can update in a few, if not 5 years time.

I know for sure 3D programs, and some convertors and the like love quad's.

Yeah i dont upgrade too often either, just felt the life of the 939skt was over and done with now, if niot ages ago. For what u plan on using ur pc for , like u saida quad core will be great for u.

Yeash i just upgraded mobo cpu and ram , from an old intel P4 S 478 to a new Shiny AMD dual core , AM2 . I just read though that AMD are switching yet again to a new scket soon but hey this is good enough for now just need a vid card and anopther gig of ram and i am fine

How come it says newbie under ur name? or is it some kind of irony :p

What kind of socket r amd going to use now, ive always been an AMD kinda guy, but cant ignore the pure performance on intel at the mo. I Know AMD are bringing out the k10 but not sure when or what kind of cpu it will be, just that its sposd to rival or beat intel.

How come it says newbie under ur name? or is it some kind of irony :p

What kind of socket r amd going to use now, ive always been an AMD kinda guy, but cant ignore the pure performance on intel at the mo. I Know AMD are bringing out the k10 but not sure when or what kind of cpu it will be, just that its sposd to rival or beat intel.
I have a custom title and i set it to that :D
Anyway , there will be AM2+ and then AM3
However AM2+ and AM3 processors will still run on AM2 boards but not the other way round as the socket is physically the same it just brings out some new features such as DDR3

Back
Top Bottom