Pics of my Tuniq Tower 120

I can't see the image and out of the box the tuniq tower is. If you buy a crappy fan then the Thermalright isn't the best. It all depends on the user.

I can't see the image and out of the box the tuniq tower is. If you buy a crappy fan then the Thermalright isn't the best. It all depends on the user.

Yeah i just thought that , if you have a choice of fan then you can pretty easily chose a low quality fan and then its not the best .

Should know. The fan is not out of he box. The Tuniq is more complete out of the box. The Thermalright may perform better, but if you happen to install the fan incorrectly or buy a crappy one then it won't. Some people like me are cheap. Though I would buy a good fan.

Yeah most people would but then you get some people that dont understand , i would prefer something that is complete out of the box all i need to do is put it on the cpu rather than having to owrry about a fan as well . In fact i would prolly end up forgetting to order a fan and then having to wait anyway . Thermalright should just ship it with a basic fan at least

If the Thermalright came with a fan I would proclaim it better. It just depends on the user.

The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is currently universally acknowledged as the best HSF out there right now. If you want to dispute that, tell it to the people at Anandtech, Xbitlabs, Overclockers, etc.

Anandtech said:
The improvements in cooling efficiency with the Ultra 120 Extreme over the Tuniq and Ultra 120 are nothing short of amazing. One glance at the Stress performance scaling chart on page four will show you all you need to know about the Ultra 120 Extreme. Instead of a "me-too" results curve mirroring the Tuniq and Ultra 120, the Ultra Extreme sets a whole new performance level."

The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is currently universally acknowledged as the best HSF out there right now. If you want to dispute that, tell it to the people at Anandtech, Xbitlabs, Overclockers, etc.

Maybe it is if you get the right fan but out of the box with nothing added well thats a different story

I kinda want a Ultra 120 with a Silverstone. But seriously, my Arctic Cooling F64 Pro works very nicely for how quiet and small it is.

It is better with a good fan. Without one it is no better than the Tuniq. If you have a good fan, even a semi-decent one it will perform better. You also have to remember that not everyone will put the fan on right. People do make mistakes. The Thermalright gives one more opportunity for a mistake. That is why I prefer the Tuniq. It is cheaper, and ready out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom