Need recommendations for upgrading CPU !

link for mobo doesn't work.

but from what I found it only supports p4 or celerons. And the socket is 478 so the choises are pretty limited.
Since you already have a 3ghz p4 in there I wouldn't bother getting a 3.2ghz p4.
So it would probably be 3.4ghz p4 then, or a faster one if you can find one. (not sure if there are 3.6ghz versions)

But see what the price would be. The 400mhz will make it faster but IMO it's not worth a lot of money.

I don't think there are any 3.6 ghz Socket 478 processor yet . Correct me if i am wrong.As For 3.4ghz ones the price is around 100 USD and Up.
Way over my budget , and getting another case is first prioty many problems in current one (eg, switch buttons,no space for second harddrive) Btw 512ram to 2 gig ram makes a big difference?

i got an socket 478 its a flamin hunk of shit, so im just gonna get a new pc in all besids, i bought it in 04

I don't think there are any 3.6 ghz Socket 478 processor yet . Correct me if i am wrong.As For 3.4ghz ones the price is around 100 USD and Up.
Way over my budget , and getting another case is first prioty many problems in current one (eg, switch buttons,no space for second harddrive) Btw 512ram to 2 gig ram makes a big difference?

yeah I think 100 dollars for 400mhz is a little too much. And yes going from 512mb to 2gb will make a huge difference. It will be a lot smarter to spend the money on the ram instead of the cpu.

i see i am getting the CoolerMaster Mystique 631 ? price at 70 USD . Worth it ? or any other good ones for micro ATX mobo.

wow, that is one weak psu. But anyway, the fans don't require much power so you should be fine. Though I'd still upgrade the psu if possible, it's not a quality psu and it's probably running on almost full load all the time. I've never had problems running computers with an underpowered psu but many people warn of the dangers. It's the same with almost everything, push it too far and one day it will stop working.

How much Watts should i get for 2 hardrives 1 mobo 4 fans 1 disk drive ? I also have another 200 watts powersupply can i use them both together ?

Back
Top Bottom