Company of Heroes

Game of the Year was well deserved, CoH is one massive game, it would have to be my favourite WWII strat of all time.

@ Rudster, you think St Lo is hard, wait until you get to the "Take the Hill" and "Hold the Hill" scenarios (not the real names, been a while since I finished the campaign)

I have it and it is awesome. I always play as the germans though. I love the tigers and if I use the right strategy I get the red ace tiger.
I prefer the Germans as well, I love Panthers and Tigers

:)

It's a very good game, but get's boring after a while. I only play multiplayer, so it's pretty much the same thing all the time. Build an mg, a sniper, then another mg. Then at least 1 anti-tank cannon, then a few mgs/snipers/at cannons (depends on what you need) and then just go with tanks and a few infantry squads to cap the points.

i dont think ill ever get bored of it, not until another good RTS come out like that. although i have to download a 100mb patch before i can play online. just got done with the campaign, one of the best ive ever seen for a RTS.

i played a skirmish agaisnt normal computers and got owned, i played as the germans for the first time so i didnt know how to go up the tree, those HQ upgrades are weird.

btw, download the advanced ai mod. The normal ai is just way too stupid. While the hardest bot gives you a good challenge the ai mod bots are so much smarter. They actually build stuff they need (like if you have a lot of infantry, they are going to build something to fight against that infantry instead of building 10x at guns) and overall it's a lot more fun playing against a smarter opponent.

And they give you quite a challenge too, if I play with a friend (the 2 of us vs 2 ai) on a map with chokepoints I usually pick either normal or hard opponents. Depends who I'm playing with. But with the normal bots a map with chokepoints is way too easy even if you have 2x the hardest possible bot.

btw, download the advanced ai mod. The normal ai is just way too stupid. While the hardest bot gives you a good challenge the ai mod bots are so much smarter. They actually build stuff they need (like if you have a lot of infantry, they are going to build something to fight against that infantry instead of building 10x at guns) and overall it's a lot more fun playing against a smarter opponent.

And they give you quite a challenge too, if I play with a friend (the 2 of us vs 2 ai) on a map with chokepoints I usually pick either normal or hard opponents. Depends who I'm playing with. But with the normal bots a map with chokepoints is way too easy even if you have 2x the hardest possible bot.

theres mods for it :eek: awesome, i think the reason i loose is because the person on my team sucks, i think im going to play another one :)

Back
Top Bottom