Got Me some new parts . Finaly dual core

muz

Golden Master
Well Today i decided to upgrade my machine . For now the main upgrades are a processor motherboard and ram . I went from my old Intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz with 512MB ram to an AMD athlon X2 4000+ which is 2.1ghz with 1 MB l2 cache (512k per core) I also get a Foxconn K8M890M2MB motherboard . I also get a 1GB stick of DDR2 800MHZ ram . I swapped this out with my old motherboard and used my old hard drives and optical drives for now . The only problem i have is i have to use onboard GPU but actually the on board one can handle the sims 2 at high settings although i havent played too much yet so i dunno if it lags when you have lots of people about like it did on My old rig
I might also be getting a PCI E 7300ultra from a friend of mine for cheap and then i will get another gig of ram in about a month or two

Anyway i have been playing with this some today and it is significantly faster than my OLD P4 computer . I also tried a bit of over clocking with the CPU but i am using a stock cooler so i want to wait till i get a better cooler till i overclock properly
Anyway i suppose yall wanna know how much iot cost , well it cost me just a little under a hindred pound for all of it . Which when you think isnt too bad

Nice! That doesn't sound like a bad price at all for all that. And keep us updated on the OC results. I'm guessing that's a Brisbane 4000+, and those Brisbanes OC like mad from what I've seen.

I'm making the switch to dual core myself soon. I saw the X2 3800+ (939) going for $64, and it was an offer I couldn't turn up. Should be here Monday. :D

I am getting ready yo build something similar to that. Just a little different from your build.

yeah , i havent properly finished ye , i plan to get a better GPU and another gig of ram by the end of this year , then in like febuary get myself a sata hard drive maybe a newer video card , like a 8600 or an 8800 and a new PSU

and so far i took it to 2.8 but it was getting hot so i decided to leave it . I dont think the thermal paste had settled yet

Wow i never realised dual core makes this much difference . I mean here right now i am doing some vital updates to xp after reinstalling it . Have FF open with 4 tabs and are installing AVG free edition and there is no lag at all . Hd this been my other computer it would take about 20 seconds to switch from FF to IE here its instant

I noticed a big change aswell when i swapped to dual core. Im gonna be sorting a new system soom possibly with quad core.:)

i expected a difference and i sure got one This new stuff was well worth the money . Only thing now is to pick up another gig of ram

Dual core does help, Windows feels snappier and more responsive.

yeah thats what it is . Also it is a lot faster when running multiple tasks . Before my computer was fast when running 1 task but once i loaded 2 or 3 programs it would slow down , now it dosent

Back
Top Bottom