Computer laggin?

IceFuzion1

Beta member
OK, I just bought a new computer 3 days ago, and tried playing some games, theywould run fine, but then all of a sudden freeze. So far Ive needed to manually turn my computer off nearly 10 times. These are my computer specs

AMD Sempron Processor 3600+ (2GHz)
NVidia GeForce 6150SE
120GB Hard Drive
512MB RAM DDR2

I was thinking maybe I should get some more RAM, if that would make a difference. Anyone have any ideas why it would be doing that though?

Well, the first I installed was Empire Earth 2, which doesn't have too much requirements, and then I tried World of Warcraft, which obviously needs a lot.

Either way, your system should be powerful enough to run those games. Do you have all the latest drivers? What OS, Vista?

How would a better graphics card make it stop freezing, when its already better than requirements.

If you are on Vista, the first thing I would get is at least another stick of 512MB RAM.

Have you ever considered dusting your PC? It could be overheating, causing the freezing issues.

Yeah, I was thinking about more RAM. And I don't think I need to dust anything because its only 3 days old...

I don't know how they could even sell you a vista computer with only 512 mb ram...since almost everyone recommends 2gb. Get more ram dude, that will make a massive difference.

Back
Top Bottom