8600-800 Problems Read

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
This is the worst crap I ever heard.. it's true, the 8 series was skipped for dx10. Vista will be releasing a SP1 including 10.1 dx10. But, are cards.. the 8600-8800 will not be able to upgrade to 10.1 dx10. This fucking means u need to buy a 9800 card... WTF? I spent nearly 700 bucks on my video card, same with most people with sli.. and even 280-500 is alot for people to just buy video cards.

What ticks me off is that the 8800 couldnt even be used for real dx10 games and we get screwed over. Some of u will say, well... u can rock with dx9.. but if I wanted dx9, I would've kept my 7900 or 7800 and still max out css,bf2,bf2142,COJ,cod,cod2... so on and so on. yeah, I can afford a 9800. And I will be getting a 9800 probably a month after the bugs are fixed. But, the idea of fucking good number of people on these card's is completely BS. It's like buying a tv, spending 2k.. then 4 months later a dvd player/blu ray comes it and u cant even take full advantage of it.

Im lost here, dx9 had many updates and I never seen this. here's, the article..

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/08/09/yo...-support-dx101/

theres the link.. if ur lazy to click it..

this is the article...

At the current SIGGRAPH event, Microsoft spoke to graphic enthusiasts about the next DirectX update, DirectX 10.1. The update will be released with Windows Vista SP1, but more importantly, the features in 10.1 aren't supported by today's DX10 graphics hardware. Gamers will be required to replace their graphics hardware once again, in order to take advantage of the 10.1 update. We'll post more information shortly.

do u care, if u own a 8800 or 8600. Or do u think ms paid off the video card companies to do this, This is low, Im just venting... lol wow just wow. I feel like I ve been robbed with vista.. not using dx10.. then u need dx10.1 to really fully take advantage of dx10 support.

PS: This was my friends post on another site i just wanted to let you guys know on this site incase some people didnt know

nvidia said they can upgrade all 8800 with a simple firm where update......

didnt mattie post abot this b4?!

and yea its total bs. i would have been really mad if i had wasted 300 bucks.

no
every dx card from nvidia will support dx 10 and dx 10.1
dont worry about it

Back
Top Bottom