how far can i OC a E6850

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
im building a pc with this cpu and id like to know how far i could OC this cpu my hsf would be a zalman 9700 ill be useing a antec 900 case a 680I A1 version mobo and OZC platnum sli ready edition PC2-8500 ram

Why the zalman 9700?

Also, it is tough to answer a question like that. Many factors come into place.

1. Whether your chip is good for OCing- just luck here.
2. Are you going to OC your ram?
3. What temperatures are you going to let it get up to.

I am saying you will get it up to 4.0, maybe less, with good temperatures. You can push it more, but to raise Vcore more you would have to get WC.

y not zalman 9700 that fan is god
and ive seen a 6600 get pushed to 4ghz on a zalman
make sure u just keep watching your temps and try not to raise the
voltage a little as possible

You can't push the e6600 to 4Ghz on a zalman, the temps go way up and cut the proc's life like crazy. I have the Tuniq Tower, and a lot of OCers say that it is a better HSF than the zalman.

ya u can
ive seen it done with a 9700 and a antc 900 case on the net
the temps were high
but it was stable

Temperatures are high, exactly, the bigger the temps, the less your cpu lives. E6600s are not meant to get hotter than 60.1.

lol ok thelis ill take your word
but it dosnt really matter 4 ghz really wont make a difference

Liquid cooling an Antec 900 case would be pointless, since it's designed for maximum airflow. If your gonna go water, you are gonna need to buy a kit from a well-known company like Swiftech, or piece one together yourself. Both you will need to spend probably $200+ dollars.

I'm on a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme that runs around 46-50C at 3.4 Ghz. But going higher may require higher Vcore, which makes temps go up.

Back
Top Bottom