Can't connect to internet dial-up

jonreeves2000

Baseband Member
Hey All: I cannot dial in from my computer all of a sudden...I tried changing the phone wire, checked sys manager, no trouble there. When I request the dialup, it does one tone and hangs the computer. Anyone help?

Thanks.

Jon.:eek:

If it locks up trying to access the internet, there is a good possibility you have a virus. Have you run a virus scan recently?

I have had this problem before. Its only happened to me when I've had a crash. What it does is it won't fully log off the line and for some reason it stays open. Then when you try and dial in it does a beep for the dial tone then does nothing. After a bit it will say failed to connect.

Try taking a regular house phone and hooking it up to the line and make a call. After you make the call hang up the line. Then pick it back up make sure you have your dial tone and turn the phone off then hook the line back up to the computer.

Also is the line into the phone jack and into your computer completely inserted?

Thanks all, I have done all of the above, no success. I did install a new network card a week ago - could that have caused this to happen? But then my system device tab should tell me there is a problem with the modem, right?

Yeah, I have checked all of above. I tried to connect to another provider (friend's info), but nothing. So obviously, the problem is with my system. But shouldn't my system manager tell me something is wrong with a device? Aghh!

Back
Top Bottom