Virus removal help

Trojans are tricky, but it's downloaders that are a B#$%^ and-a-half. Just run those programs and it should go bye-bye.

ugh this is so messed everytime during a program run my computer shuts off. i may have to reinstall windows. this sucks.

Press F8 while the system is turning on and it will give you the option to boot into safe mode. It only loads vital drivers and files so most viruses do not run while in safe mode. Hopefully the ones that are causing the restarts will not be running.

ok thanks ill try that. so i run in safe mode run nod32 scan delete, adaware, scan delete, spy bot scan delete, windows live care scan delete and then restart and boot normally? or should i do other stuff? if its not gone do i then have 2 reinstall windows?

Yup, after all that the scans restart and boot normally. Then re-run the scans 9 times out of 10 they will pick up even more.

If your still having issues after all of that, yes, you will need to re-install windows.

i tried to run the scans and yet it still rebooted i dont know if thats cuz i had all of the scanning software going at once. can the virus spread? can it go from its original spot onto for instance my family guy files? so if i were to put the family guy on another computer that would then be infected?

what is the best way to do scans? one at a time? 2? 3? all? any specific order that will also get the best results?

Go into safe mode(F8 ON BOOT) then run only one scan engine E.G. NOD32 and see if that picks any thing up, if you have multiple scan programs on they will conflict one AV and a antispyware program should be sufficient, but only run them one at a time, if you can get on line with this computer then goto Microsoft website and download and run there malicious spyware tool and see if that finds anything.
Personally as you have spent so much time already I would just do a complete reformat then you will have got rid once and for all

Back
Top Bottom