Virus removal help

Ams

In Runtime
I recently turned on my computer to find out i had a serious virus. i havent downloaded anything since the day before when i had no problems. I downloaded adawre , spybot search and destroy, windows live one care, avg or something. What is the best to remove a trojan? all these advertisment for anti vurus software keeps coming up in ie. I really need help.
thanks

by downloading something, usually. sometimes they can come up just by visiting a website. theres really nothing to stop them unless you have a really good firewall.

Trojans can be quite tricky to remove as they can keep reinfecting from registry keys. Do you know what type of trojan it is?

Norton is a good antivirus

Norton is a good antivirus

I'm sorry, that made me laugh. Norton is a virus in-itself, and it doesn't pick up half of what AVG or NOD32 do.

AVG and Spybot are great at teaming a trojan. I have found that NOD32 works great as a clean up for after running those two. Then unistall AVG and keep NOD on and you are set, usually.

As for a good firewall, zone alarm is suposed to have a good one.

I think i got rid of it because before ie windows kept popping up and it said i was infected but now it doesnt say that anymore. What is registry keys? where can i find them and remove them?

Be careful when deleting those, make sure you make a back up as you could delete some main system files and then you will have all sorts of problems.
Good anti virus is NOD32 or Kaspersky, if you can get hold of kaspersky INTERNET suit then I would recommend it, it has its own AV with it as well.
When downloading files you should always save to a file then scan the file before you open it that way if it is infected you can delete it or you AV will before it does any damage.rule of thumb(Never open a downloaded file with out scanning first)

Back
Top Bottom