Suggestions on 3d Modeling Apps?

Nope... I've actually been designing another one though.

As for CAD programs that'll do the job, heres a list of 3D software:

http://www.excitech.co.uk/Products/softwarelist.asp

Thanks you have the right Idea now! Is there anyone's out of that group you would recommend because that list is massive! This is the type of software I want to render a model from nothing including everything along the way to complete the model.

I'd just like to expand a bit. In my free time I sometimes design homes and such just as something to humor myself and fiddle around with.

With whatever it is i'll be downloading I want to be able to design actual scetchs of projects. Like building a custom computer desk or as said before a actual case.

I was thinking of going to school in regards to the above but I want to check some programs out and see if its something I'd really want to do for the rest of my life.

For majority of the work I do I use maya to get a basic outline and figure of what I want to do and than I take it into Zbrush to get detail and than bring it back to maya. As a beginner I suggest just downloading the maya student learning edition from the auto desk website and than if you plan on having a career in it buy maya or 3d max.

Back
Top Bottom