Mac OS for Window's machine's?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
So, do you think there will ever be a version of the Mac OS that you can run on a window's machine like how you can run windows on a mac? i sure would like to try out ilife '08 for the movie editing software.

Doubt it. I know i'll sound like a mac fan boy but... "Why buy a windows computer when you can buy a Mac and put Windows on it?"

Either way, I think Apple is too up-tight about that. I don't think they realize how powerfull they could become if they sold their OS seperatly.

There is the OSx86 project which some refer to as "Hackintosh". It's unofficial though and you can only really obtain it through torrents.

It is, in effect, a fully functioning version of Mac OSX which runs on standard PC hardware. It usually requires a lot of tweaking though.

i would like that imovie software...i am using Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced now for DVD movie making, and you can't even put titles and credits on your movies with it. I have to import my camcorder footage using windows movie maker, put together my movie, and put on the titles and credits in that, and then import that movie to Nero to burn it onto DVD. Kind of a pain,,,i bet imovie would be great for putting DVD movies together from camcorder footage.

edit: i would have even been happy with windows movie maker if i could burn my finished movie onto dvd with it, but this stupid business edition of vista doesn't have the dvd maker software in it. i wish i had the home version or ultimate so i had the dvd maker in it, but i got the business version for free.

I got a Mac not long ago with iLife '06 on it. After using both Windows Movie Maker, then moving on to Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7 before ever buying the Mac I'm not impressed by either iMovie or iDVD overall. iDVD might be ok if they took off the Apple logo on the bottom right corner of the menus and then made it compatible with my video files and then I could make an ISO image to burn to DVD on my PC (don't got a DVD burner on the Mac). You can make an image of it, but it's in .img format, apparently Windows isn't supporting it... It's got some pretty cool menus and stuff, but it would be a big pain to transfer all the video file to the Mac to make the DVD. As for iMovie, maybe better than Movie Maker in some ways, but I still am not a fan since I got something more advanced. It would be just so much easier to get a video editor that works with Windows... Vegas Movie Studio is cheap enough, more advanced than iMovie, and easy to use, it also comes with a DVD authoring program (DVD Architect).

I do like Garageband on iLife a lot. I am not very good at making music with it, but I still think it's fun to do it anyway.

have you ever used Nero? do you think that vegas movie studio is better, cause i'm not to thrilled with nero.

i just want one application that will do it all, and not have to make my movie with titles and credits in movie maker, then use nero to make the dvd with chapters and all.

i'm sorry to hear imovie isn't super...i would have thought it would be.

Well, Vegas and DVD Architect come together when you buy it, but it's 2 programs. They compliment each other though since they are made to work together so they probably work much better together than Movie Maker and Nero would. I don't have a copy of Nero that makes DVD menus, but I got Sonic, and I used to use it with Movie Maker. More of a pain than VMS and DVD Arch.

Back
Top Bottom