Computer freezes/restarts when Gaming!

Alright well that nvidia driver install error was because I had to reinstall my mobo nforce driver so I did that and then installed my Nvidia videocard driver. I was gaming for an hour and I thought I had fixed the problem but then it happened again. My memory modules were in slot 1 and 2, so I moved one back to 1 and 3. I don't know what to do : p. I've had enough for tonight so i'm just going to goto bed. I'll be back tomorrow : /

i guess its possible its a knackered card, it happens. try the drivers off www.tweakforce.com they sometimes fix problems too, not always but hey worth a try at this point, u might also need to reinstall windows, this could be the problem, cant really think of much else.

oh and ive also read somepeople having problems with pre overclocked cards, perhaps uneed to use a tool like rivatuner and underclock the card back to default settings. then see if it makes a difference.

Alright which version should I get? the xg v.97? I'll try using Rivatuner and clock it down to stock. Do you think it's a bad ram slot? There are a few dust bunnies in my case, one might have hopped into a slot : p I'll play around with the ram, and try booting up with each again. I'll post back later.

Back
Top Bottom