internet not working

error75

Baseband Member
I have a friend's computer here that earlier had the trojan.w32.looksky virus. well i downloaded the program to get rid of it and got that taken care of, but now the internet is kooky. I plug in the cable and the icon says it's connected, open up the LAN status and it seems to be sending stuff, but

IE doesn't open up to any webpages. does the same thing if i go wifi.

i uninstalled and installed the card, but still nothing. What could be the problem.

Sony vaio with xp home.

run some more virus scans. that is more than likely the problem, either that particular one wasn't completely deleted or there is another one.

Try out Spyboy Search and Destroy, it detects trojans pretty well. Also what are the drivers for the card? Are they updated?

Have you checked to see if your firewall is blocking IE and can you access you mail server? if you can try selecting receive mail if it does then your INTERNET access is working and there is definitely something blocking IE, If you cant get your mail server to work then look again at the modem drivers to check that there installed properly and also try reconfiguring your ISP settings to make sure you actually getting through, are you using a router?

guess i should have said the network connection icon says it is connected, but the browser or yahoo messenger doesn't connect.

Sound like your firewall to me, but have you tried to use your mail server like outlook or outlook express? does that work?

Back
Top Bottom